Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Suggestions for Enhancements

Last post 02-10-2008, 6:04 PM by Records For Living Support. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-09-2008, 9:34 PM 998

Suggestions for Enhancements

I recently evaluated and purchased HealthFrame and after using it for a couple of weeks I have some suggestions.

Allow the database location to be specified by the user
    In looking through the forum I see that this request has been made by several other users.  I keep all of my application data on a dedicated drive which is automatically backed up every night.  I only backup my system drive after major software/hardware changes or installations so I can restore the system after a drive crash.  As HealthFrame is currently set up I cannot keep my PHR's on the drive that is backed up every night.  Neither can I put the database on a shared network drive so that it can be accessed and updated by multiple computers on my home network.  I do not consider continually having to save and load backup files as an acceptable substitute.

Make the program runnable from a portable USB drive
    Please make either the explorer or at least the viewer capable of being run from a USB drive without requiring installation on the computer.  When away from your home computer this would allow your PHR to be accessed on any available computer with all the functionallity of the program rather than being limited to having  only a static, linear printout (either pdf or hardcopy).  When combined with the above request to allow the database location to be user specified, you could update your PHR while traveling without having to install the program on someone else's computer.

Incorporate print or export to pdf capability directly into the program
    Using a third-party utility to print to pdf results in a document without active links.  If you incorporate the capability into the program, the resulting output could maintain active links, greatly simplifying moving between related information in the file.

I am very pleased with the functionallity HealthFrame provides as long as I'm maintaining my records using a single computer.  I belive the suggestions above would also make it a great tool for transporting and maintaining the records in a more mobile environment.

Robert
  •  02-10-2008, 6:04 PM 1000 in reply to 998

Re: Suggestions for Enhancements

Robert,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to send us such a detailed and thoughtful set of suggestions.

You will be happy to hear that we are working to improve the overall portability of use for HealthFrame users and we appreciate the ideas you sent us.

You seem to have one additional - and possibly very intriguing - suggestion with regards to PDF generation.  We would appreciate it if you could clarify the suggestion to "maintain active links, greatly simplifying moving between related information in the file."  If possible, please let us know which particular report(s) you had in mind, and maybe provide us with an example of related information in the file.  For instance, did you perhaps imply that the generated PDF reports should provide links based on HealthFrame's "Related Link" feature? If so, how would we handle the case where multiple links exist?  Or did you have something else in mind?

Thank you again for your suggestions!  Our development team has been made aware of your suggestions and we look forward to your additional feedback,
    Support Team.
View as RSS news feed in XML