Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Family Members: Related Information and Attachments

Last post 02-11-2008, 1:55 PM by Records For Living Support. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-22-2008, 10:29 PM 970

Family Members: Related Information and Attachments

This may have been mentioned before, but I couldn't find it. Right now Family members only have Conditions. It would be nice to have more Related Information too without having to make an entire PHR. For instance, my deceased mother-in-law is in my husband's PHR as Family, and I wanted to attach or link a letter regarding a letter received thanking her family for the gift of her eyes (donated and transplated). Or perhaps more places for Attachments, such as on any record. In one software I use, it's a paperclip icon which browses to the file, then it changes to a paper on the paperclip.

Also, I added 2 nieces that have Type 1 Diabeties, since there was no Niece type. I thought it was important to note that they have this Condition since their father was my husband's brother. Is it important to only keep records of family members equal to or above you in the family tree? What about printing a Family Tree if you show the connections? Thanks!

•  01-27-2008, 7:56 PM 975 in reply to 970

Re: Family Members: Related Information and Attachments

Drix:

Thank you for the suggestion to expand the use of Attachments, which would be done by making "Related Information" available in more places. 

Nieces and nephews should have been included in the drop down list of family member types.  It was an oversight and will be corrected in our next major release.  Thank you for pointing it out!  The FAQ to the U.S. Surgeon General's Family History Initiative says, "Collect information about you, your children, siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and nieces and nephews.

Printing a more graphical representation of the Family Tree is a neat idea.  We'll pass that along to development.

Thanks for sending us your suggestions!

Support Team
  •  02-11-2008, 1:55 PM 1002 in reply to 975

Re: Family Members: Related Information and Attachments

Attachment: FamilyTree.PNG

Drix,

You may be interested in trying out the new OpenHealth Service (OHS) plug-in that integrates HealthFrame with the U. S. Surgeon General's My Family Health Portrait tool. 

By using this plug-in, you'll be able to upload your family history information from HealthFrame and it will generate a graphical representation of your family tree for you.

FYI,

Support Team

View as RSS news feed in XML