Records For Living Community

Share Information about HealthFrame and taking control of your own healthcare
Welcome to Records For Living Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Suggestion Version 2 - Medications

Last post 06-11-2006, 11:33 AM by Name Suppressed. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-11-2006, 11:33 AM 327

Suggestion Version 2 - Medications

Attachment: medication.JPG

When updating the various medications, it would be nice to have a field to provide the quantity and the period of time (days). For example,  in the screen shot below, I have a medication that I will be taking for 90 days – this would be able to also  be used to provide a suggested end date – especially for regular medications.  In looking at the screen, this could go to the right of the Refills field as “quantity” and the field for the number.

Also, in the dosage field, I am presuming that it is like I have it “1 table”, since the forms of medication is standard – tablets, capsules, drops, etc – would it not be more beneficial to the user to have these from a selectable drop down? I think so.   This could be added to the screen after the dosage field and before the label Frequency. And if needed, the route field could be moved over to the right and be align with the instructions field.

The same could be with the strength as providing a drop down or have the system build the drop down as the user enters it. If you make the Prescriber field smaller to accommodate the strength field, then it would be sufficient.

Also, the fields alignments can be moved to the left and then there will be enough room – but this would require that all the fields that have a lift alignment would have to be moved.

Also, the Instructions field, notes field, reason discontinued would be enhanced with the ability that is used on the other note fields that allow formatting, etc. reference the second screen image. This would mean to open the using the same as the notes in the journal.

Also, a suggestion would be to make all the text fields of this nature work the same – consistence and in some cases this would be more capability than is needed, but I can see users staring to use this for more and more in the recording of text.

View as RSS news feed in XML